Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our FindandBook service and related services (Services). The Services are provided by Multicom Products Limited, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02447353, whose registered office is at Fifth Floor, 101 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6PU (we, our or us).
You may only access the Services pursuant to a licence agreement with us, or via an agreement with an approved reseller of the Services, and in accordance with the terms of such agreement and this acceptable use policy. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of our Service and you shall be responsible for procuring that your users comply with the terms of this policy.
Your use of the Services is conditional on your IT systems being certified by us as being compliant with our certification requirements (Certification Requirements).
Where you enter into an agreement directly with us, we shall complete the certification process as part of the Set-Up (as defined in our licence agreement). If you enter into an agreement with an authorised reseller, we may require you to provide details of your IT systems and connections in order to monitor compliance with our Certification Requirements. We may, on reasonable notice, require you to allow us access to your premises and equipment in order to perform certification tests.
You are responsible for ensuring that your IT systems and equipment and your access to the Services continues to meet our Certification Requirements for the duration of the Services. In the event that we reasonably suspect that you are not in compliance with our Certification Requirements, we have the right to suspend provision of the Services until such time as we are satisfied that you are compliant with the Certification Requirements.
In the event that you access our Services via an authorised reseller, your use of the Services is also conditional on the authorised reseller complying with these Certification Requirements. We may suspend provision of the Services to such reseller and its customers, if it fails to comply with such requirements.
Our Certification Requirements may change from time to time. You will be notified of any such changes at least 30 days prior to the changes taking effect.
In this section, “Data” means any and all data accessible via the Services, including bookable components.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms of the licence between you and us (or our reseller). You may not use the Services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, receive, upload, download, use or re-use, or display any information or material which is or which may be considered to be offensive, abusive, indecent, libellous, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of confidence, privacy, intellectual property rights or any other third party rights.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To intentionally or knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- For any purpose other than to exercise your rights and obligations under the terms of your licence agreement (whether with us or a third party). For example, but without limitation, you may not use the Services to scan, manipulate or extract any of the content or Data therein (except via our PromotionBuilder service).
- To store or cache Data, or to copy, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any part of the Services.
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any aspect of the Services (including our software and Data) in contravention of the provisions of our licence agreement.
You also agree that you will not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Services;
- any equipment or network on which our Services, software and websites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Services;
- any other customers’ access and use of the Services; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You agree that you will, and will procure that all users who access the Service on your behalf, shall:
- procure that any data inputted by you, or your authorised users, or provided to us for inputting on your behalf, is accurate in all material respects and that such data does not contain anything which infringes third party rights, is libellous, indecent, obscene or defamatory;
- use the Services, and perform your obligations pursuant to our agreement with you (or your agreement with our authorised reseller) with all reasonable care and skill;
- only use the Services for your own internal business purposes and only allow the prescribed number and type of users to use and access the Services (if applicable);
- provide us with all reasonable assistance in providing the Services to you and, if appropriate, provide us with any material or information required by us (and ensure such material and information is accurate in all material respects);
- when raising a support issue provide an accurate detailed description including a Session ID wherever possible;
- only transmit sensitive and/or confidential information to the Services via a secure SSL connection provided by MPL from time to time;
- keep any user details and passwords applicable to accessing the Service secure and confidential and inform us immediately if you know or suspect that an unauthorised representative or third party has obtained such user details and/or passwords.
- ensure that you have all appropriate rights and consents to gather, input and process data in relation to the Services, including in respect of personal data, and procure the right for MPL to do so in order to provide the Services.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including suspension of your access to the Services unless and until such breach is remedied.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of our licence agreement and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access and use the Services.
- Issue of a notice to you warning you of the breach and, if appropriate, requiring you to remedy the breach within 14 days.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices provided to you by other means.